I know I know you're saying "I thought you guys weren't going to find out!?"
Well, we found out! Here's how it happened..
I had my 20 week appointment on Dec 23rd and David was just getting back from a roadtrip and made it to the office just in time to get called back to see our dr. It was a typical visit that lasted only a few minutes and she did the doppler to hear the heartbeat, which sounds like a gush gush and it's sorta hard to hear the heartbeat but anyway I asked if I had an ultrasound since it didn't really seem like we were headed in that direction and she said that she didn't have me scheduled because she knew we weren't finding out the sex so she was just goint to have one done at my next appointment but David and I were already excited to just have the ultrasound so she said that she could get me in that day. we went into the ultrasound room and the really nice new lady asked if we wanted to know the sex before we even started and we said no we didn't want to find out. The ultrasound started so she asked us to close our eyes so she could scan the anatomy and that area first and just after a minute she said "ok you can open your eyes now" and David was like "so you know what it is?" and she said ya. Sooo as you can imagine not knowing the own sex of your baby and having a stranger know it was already killing us but we proceded with the rest of the ultrasound and David asked me if I wanted to find out and we kept going back and forth if we wanted to find out or not and back and forth so eventually we settled on find out but she was going to put it in an envelope along with the picture and we were going to open it on Christmas Eve...well then I made David promise that if we kept it in an envelope that we would FOR SURE open it on Christmas Eve cause i didn't want to get my hopes up and then we get home and we decide not to open the envelope! So, we were still debating if we should find out or not while we were looking at the heart and the head and finally we just couldn't take it any longer and decided that we should find out so I made David say that he was 100% sure that he wanted to find out and so the ultrasound lady asked both of us if we were 100% and we said yup and she said IT'S A GIRL!
The funny thing was is that since I've been pregnant I have been thinking it's a girl and then after the first ultrasound David thought it was a Boy and that's what we were thinking until we got the this ultrasound and he switched and was thinking it was a girl and I was thinking it was a boy so we both were right at one point :)
It was so much fun telling our families that we're having a little baby girl! We told everyone in our family except my parents because I knew they really wanted to know the sex and we just kept saying we weren't going to find out so when mom called after my appointment she did ask if we found out, expecting me to say no which I did was intending to leave it a surprise for when I got to Arizona to tell them. It was really hard to keep that quiet for a couple days but as soon as I got to Arizona I wanted them to open their presents from David and I and so we called David and had Mom and Dad sit down and I had wrapped the "it's a girl" ultrasound picture in a frame so mom started to open it and she was just saying how nice the frame and picture was and was going to keep going with the random box i had wrapped it with so she didn't see that its a girl and she hadn't handed the picture to Dad so I was like keep looking..and she wasn't really getting it and then she finally really looked and started yelling and then Dad was like what? what? and finally everyone figured out that it's a girl! :)

sorry this was a really long detailed post
No comments:
Post a Comment